Re: Workspace switcher needs redesign

Speaking personally, I would like this feature. Though I'm not sure how
widely it would be used.

In my case I often open up software on different workspaces and switch
between them to look at different things. I'll often have a VM open on one,
a game on another, a web browser with email and possibly social network
sites and another with a browser with some research and some other stuff.

I think in my case I most frequently use three, sometimes use one and
sometimes use four. I know quite a few developers and they tend to use 2 or
more (though not ubuntu because of the whole duel monitor issue). Then
again, people with more than one monitor may not utilise virtual workspaces
that much. Personally I would, but that's just me.

Not sure that I like the idea of software auto starting in specific
workspaces though I see merit in it.

Overall I think that this would cover a small percentage of users though,
however I state this very subjectively.

Cheers,

James.