Re: Dash search vs Alt+F2 in 11.10

Hi Jo-Erlend,

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad
<joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Den 26. sep. 2011 13:21, skrev Naba Kumar:
>>
>> y and is what others have pointed out. But what is there to lose if the
>> two are done through same interface - without any lose of functionality of
>> either? Some subtle difference between the two can be brought in, such as
>> like  joerlend suggested with "~". Or, having no difference in the input,
>> but instead additional command-prefix completion is shown below (lens?) in
>> addition to the free text
>
> I have not proposed anything like that. That was someone else ...

Yeah, I mixed up the replies, sorry :) It was Stefanos, who proposed
it. But in general, I pointed it mainly to highlight having single
interface. It would be natural to be separate if they have radically
different interfaces such that the two completely diverges in their
usage and functions.

> and I
> completely disagree with it. I don't want commands in the dash at all. They
> do not belong there. I like it just the way it is, but having an output
> section in the Alt+F2 screen would not be too bad. I don't think it's
> important.

What is "output section" - you mean a terminal output when running
terminal-only commands? Why not just start a terminal, then :)?

Regards,
-Naba