Re: semi-transparent indicator menus

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:17, Matt Richardson <
m.richardson.1990@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I love this idea so I did some mockups:
>
> Desktop <http://ubuntuone.com/6Oysw1NarMc480p07l7wIm>
> Dash <http://ubuntuone.com/6NLh3oKNIJ0ALbfyRoogv5>
> Window Theme <http://ubuntuone.com/05Hl8aeQbAMt5avbm3uMLm>
> Indicator Menu <http://ubuntuone.com/6zGYwEXymv7HvbN8Y6PYD6>
>
> I recommend downloading the attachments and viewing them fullscreen to get
> a real idea.

Your mockups are really good work, perhaps you want to include them into
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ayatana/MeMenu%20Mockups

on the point of opacity i still see the problem as less one of taste and
more one of interaction.. a transparent menu allows you to maintain your
awareness of things happening on your desktop, even while the menu is open
above content. An opaque menu doesn't allow that, it thereby steals your
visual focus for the moment of interaction, and the price of having a
"better background" is much higher than the value or duration of the
interaction: focus is lost.