Re: buttons in file browser

On 2 November 2011 16:49, Jo-Erlend Schinstad
<joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Den 02. nov. 2011 06:24, skrev anthropornis:
>
> You have the right to choose exactly how Nautilus will look and feel. As I
> said before, in another thread, you have 100% configurability if you really
> want it. Some users now have to click twice instead of once. That is true.
> But it is also true that a lot more people have gained a simpler and easier
> file manager. It is better to have a default interface that is clean and
> simple, with the ability to add buttons you like, than to start with a
> cluttered interface with the ability to remove.

Hi Jo-Erlend,

(do you prefer just Jo?)

My understanding is that the configuration for the future is related to
Unity, will this extend to things like Nautilus? Based on what you guys
have been saying,  the file explorer (Nautilus) is from Gnome. I know that
the configuration stuff is low priority and most prob won't be available
until a few versions down the track, just trying to understand if the
configuration stuff is limited to Ayatana (which in my understanding is
effectively Unity).

Cheers,

James.