Re: shortcut - open/focus last program that send a notification

Den 02. nov. 2011 11:53, skrev James Jenner:

Interestingly, in regards to this conversation, at the end of the wiki under Unresolved Issues is the following point:

  * Some notifications are communications you need to react upon fx.
    chatmessages. It seems odd that it is not possible to do so via
    the notification. It like saying "Talk to the hand, because the
    ear's not listening" (Hand = the program hidden behind other
    programs; Ear = the notification

That was probably before we got the messaging menu and other category indicators, because that's the reason we have them. It may be nice, however, if the indicator icon the notification belongs to, were slightly altered while the notification was being displayed.
Reading through the outstanding issues, of primary importance in my mind is the 'do not disturb' option. This doesn't affect me at home (where I use Ubuntu) but in a work environment I think this is important. The use case of doing a presentation and not having im notifications appear is the area that I'm thinking about. Either way, that's off topic for this conversation.

Yes, there is support for that. When you play a video in Totem, for instance, trivial notifications are not displayed.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad