Re: unity at the bottom

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 18:05, Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I mean that the panel is now disconnected from the rest of Unity. With the
> panel at the bottom, there's no reason for the panel to turn transparent.
> There's no reason for the Dash's window controls to be in the panel. Having
> the launcher on the left side is important, because without that, several
> other points in unity simply don't make any sense.

Hi,
               May I please request to make those several other points of
Unity more clear.
Please forgive my ignorance.

I agree that there in no reason for the window controls to be in the panel.
I personally think there is no reason for any window that is not maximized
to have controls and menus on the top panel. It makes unnecessary mouse
travels; though I can understand it might me useful for small form factors.

I also never understood the philosophy behind making panels transparent
when dash is called -- please forgive my ignorance once again.

So far consistency is concerned I never felt that the circular windows
controls consistent with any part of unity.

Personally I don't know much of advantages of having panel in left apart
from having more vertical space. But I see the challenges it presents to
make a consistent design.