Re: unity at the bottom

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 16:17, Georgi Karavasilev <motorslav@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hmm, there are two major cons with bottom launcher:
> A) The dash control buttons are on the top left (maximaze and close), what
> happens when the Ubuntu buttom is at the bottom left and those buttons on
> the top left?

Just like it happen with other applications. when not maximized it remains
on the dash itself and when maximized it goes to the top left corner.

> B) Due to the fact that launcher is set to "Dodge windows" out of the box
> users may invoke the launcher instead of the bottom scrollbar by accident
> (when the launcher is no set to "Always visible")

I personally rarely use the bottom, that is horizontal, scroll bar and most
applications, again according to my personal experience, doesn't use bottom
area for the clickable buttons that are to be clicked too often.

I had always had global menu on the top panel and the cairo dock at the
bottom set to dodge the windows. I don't remember myself getting annoyed
for dock showing unnecessarily as an uninvited guest. I guess, I didn't had
to bring my pointer too close to the bottom edge as I have to bring it to
the left edge.

If I am sounding too illogical please forgive my ignorance.