Re: Integrating Google's NaCl could help solve the Chicken and egg dilema in ubuntu?

That's not really true.

Those who want and planned from the start to dev for ubuntu or linux will nevertheless..

the problem is usually with porting.

Big corporations are not willing to invest all those resources to create a native port of their flagship products. i.e. Photoshop, premier, vegas, some expensive 3d, professional apps, apps with no substitute, games, etc.

And is because of the chicken/egg problem: no enough apps = not enough users and not enough users = not enough motive to port commercial apps...

the video presentation explains everything clearly:
http://blog.chromium.org/2011/12/games-apps-and-runtimes-come-to-native.html

and look at a so called native app like professional video editor lightworks, delayed:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/11/professional-video-editor-lightworks-sees-linux-beta-delayed/

is being years now..

so native ports like it are either delayed all the time or not ported at all.

We are lucky to even be able access the thousands of nacl apps that will come to Google chrome for now (but these could become more integrated into other browsers or an OS like ubuntu with participation).

And in the future there wont be so called "native" anymore, everything will be in one way or another in the cloud and we need to prepare for that.

This will be quite a hit to windows :)