Re: No more dodge windows in Unity ? Why keep the "Always hide" option ?

Le 09/02/2012 20:28, Jo-Erlend Schinstad a écrit :
On 09. feb. 2012 20:13, Florent Delayen wrote:

In fact, dodge windows is smarter and more convenient.
Many users like dodge windows, and just a few are using "Always hide"...

That is by no means a fact. Don't claim that things are facts when they obviously isn't. If you have facts, then prove it.

Why can't you keep never hide and dodge windows ?

Always visible is the default now. Dodge windows is gone, but auto-hide is still there. I don't think most people would boot a computer in order to only use gcalctool or some other very small window very often. Perhaps it would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to switch between always-show and auto-hide? That's easily implemented outside of Unity, so I don't see that as a big problem. You could add a launcher to a script that does it, if you really wanted to and then you'd have your super+num shortcut to it. If switching between visible and hidden is such a killer feature, then I'm sure you'll want to spend a launcher on it?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad

Stay calm...

That's my opinion and that of many users. (We are discussing it in the french community)

Can you even prove that auto-hide is better than dodge windows ? (I doubt it)

So the only app that can be run without full-screen is gcalctool ? What a wonderful use of your computer...

In your opinion we have to implement something to fix the _fact_ that the launcher does not appears with auto-hide, in witch users will have to retain a shortcut to toggle from auto-hide to never hide ?

Yes, you are right, this is rational...