Re: creating .desktop files to add launcher entries

Sorry if I've missed if somebody mentioned it already , but wasn't there an option "create launcher" in the right-click menu on the desktop until recently ? I know the new idea is to have launchers mainly pinned to the side , but 1. I guess some users are used to using the desktop for that (=>that option should go back,even if it's not the most used one) ,and 2. well the whole thread is about "2" (adding the option to the sidebar (I think the place ,as for other settings for the sidebar ,is in the quicklist of the dash button)) .

Another thing , as I'm not sure that's enough of an issue to make a new thread about it : why dragging links to the launcher doesn't pin them there ? Actually I get why , but this is an action you would expect to work , so I suggest some brainstorming on the matter .

Petko