Re: Remove Pornographic Apps from the "Apps available for download"

On 02/23/2012 10:02 PM, Gino Vincenzini wrote:
Let me bring some clarity. First of all It's actually the opposite problem with Christianity vs Non-theism as you call it. Everyone is trying to make theism in general and Christianity in particular illegal outside of churches. As for your atheism Jo, I demand you keep it to yourself. I've not mentioned my Christianity once on this mailing list nor how I really feel about atheism and I find your comments about religious people in general and Christians in particular highly offensive. I would argue that atheists suffer from a delusion but this is not the time nor the place for this at all..

As far as an app coming up in featured areas called "PornView"; That needs to not happen because it is embarrassing and only hurts our cause in spreading an alternative to windows and mac. If the user wants to use ubuntu for porn, be my guest. but references to porn should have to be sought out, not displayed for all to see. It's not censorship as it's correctly spelled, but appropriateness.

Nobody is demanding that ubuntu not carry adult themed apps. That said, it's highly advised that since our audience is so very very broad, that we don't advertise them under "featured apps" or "also available for download". My android phone doesn't do that in the android market either and neither should ubuntu.

And Ryan Gauger, This is not the space for proselytizing either. If God decides that you are to lead him to Christ, He has also decreed exactly how that should happen and will bring him to you, and prompt you to preach the gospel and will do the miraculous work of regeneration required to make him the new creature required for him to respond in repentance.

Gino