Re: Remove Pornographic Apps from the "Apps Available for Download"

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, please file a bug to the effect that:
>
>  * we should have a set of apps which will only match a very restricted,
> specific title search
>  * we should have a documented policy to this effect, and a mechanism to add
> apps to that list

Mark, so how about a system wide parental control? Cultures differ
across countries. What is
acceptable to one community might not be acceptable to other. Rather
than making choices, how
about giving them a UI where they can switch off various content types. e.g.
* Violence (like violence games)
* Adult content
* <insert any other category>

This isn't to censor, but allow filtering. Ubuntu should not add
default filters. Probably the GUI can be
added to "Privacy" in System Settings.

--
Manish