Re: Include MyUnity By Default

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am not sure if we are the ones who deal with this stuff, but I think
> (along with another person at OMG! Ubuntu! That MyUnity tweaking tool
> should be installed by default. CCSM is too complicated for the beginner
> Ubuntu user. MyUnity is a great easy-to-use tool for everybody. Just my two
> cents... Thanks!!!
>
> ---Ryan

I don't think it's necessary. Basic (and often-used) configuration should
go into the control panel alongside the auto-hide and launcher size
options. More advanced configuration doesn't need to be as easily
available. We should certainly start recommending MyUnity over CCSM when
users ask where to go for advanced configuration, but I don't think we need
to include it by default.

Evan