Re: Installing Apps right from the Dash

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:18, Omar B. <estelar57@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > You cant install apps just yet without opening usc, but the feature is
>> > in progress:
>> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/732526
>> >
>> > is a good and fast alternative to the old apt-get install command line
>> > approach for apps i already know.

>> It would also be nice to be able to uninstall applications from within
>> the dash, which would something that is similar to what we see in
>> smartphones.
>>

> like dragging from dash (not launcher) to trash ?
> then get the normal uninstall dialogue/password.

Dragging to trash is not necessarily intuitive .   One can have the
inspiration to try that , or not.

Some users (me included)  would first try  to right-click  on an
application and hope to get a popup menu with different actions like
"info"  ,  "add to favourites",   "create shortcut in launcher" ,
"open in software center"  ,   "rate this application "  ,
"uninstall"  .

--
Adrian