Re: Animations/Transitions in Ubuntu

On 17/04/12 22:50, Alan Bell wrote:
it also matters whether the animation frames are synced to the vertical blanking timings. One thing you can do to make quite a few compiz related things smoother is to turn the mouse position polling down to 1 (or anything less than about 15) this will mean that panning around a zoomed desktop is totally smooth and if you have the show mouse plugin the stars keep pace with the mouse and look beautiful. Apparently there is no performance penalty for doing this now that the compiz mainloop has changed a bit (I don't know the details, I just asked in the #compiz IRC channel what the performance impact would be). I think I submitted a patch suggesting a change to the default mouse polling time somewhere.

Alan.

here is the bug in question:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz-plugins-main/+bug/930783

I have done a few others where I filed a bug, added a tiny patch and heard nothing more. What am I doing wrong here?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz-plugins-main/+bug/975029
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz-plugins-extra/+bug/930786

Alan.

--