Re: unity-distilled list proposal

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Josh Strawbridge <holyknightjoshua@xxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> how many lists do we really need? isn't that just going to create more
> stuff for people to have to filter in or out of their in boxes?
> wouldn't it be better to be able to simply be able to lock a topic's
> thread from replies and give the post the one response explaining why?

I agree adding more lists ends up creating more for people filter through.
Also I think many fewer people will participate if it can't be done through
email.

I think that is an interesting idea. I don't know if its possible with a
mailing list but what if there was moderation on new topics. Anybody could
participate in an active topic and topics that have been beaten to death
can be closed.