Re: HUD start proposal (joining: Alt (tap) + Alt (Press)

Hi Thorsten,

Hi understand. This proposal could be problematic right now.
But don't discard this concept for the future. It could be useful.

For now, I also agree with the superiority of hierarchical menus (HM's). But I see a huge potential for HUD (or its successor). That was the basis of the proposal: joining the good elements of both worlds: HUD (search) & HM's (tree view) in one. Exactly because HUD uses, as data source, the HM's structure of a given Application, it could be quite easy to show the hierarchy of the main menu (e.g.: inside HUD, File menu would show up as a normal HUD search, when pressing Alt+F).

This is in practical terms: enlarging the HUD "search" potential, by adding to it the "show" HM's capability.
It possibly needs some additional brainstorming ...

Thanks anyway for the feedback (= to the constructive responses of this Community).
I'll be back with new ideas (lack of time does not allow me more).
Carlos Palma