Re: Simplifying the interaction of Unity Dash

You are right, most people do not want to waste much time with
customization. Neither do I.
I guess we can agree there are two main caterories we can set in terms of
users: Those who use the keyboard fast and those who do not.
Being a developer I use my computer like all day, and like to use the
keyboard for almost everything. Quick access is granted for me by the
search method. On the other hand my dad uses the pc with the mouse onyl in
most of the time. He does not bother going through those weird controls and
unfolding lists in the dash. Those are a hard-to-follow concept even for
me, and ordinary people like my dad does not even bother using them.
On iOS, and Android pages grant a wery simple approach for having an
overview. No unfolding, no categories, but *ability to sort the icons*.
Even if i dont want to customize, if I used an app, I'd be happy to see it
in the *same place* i saw it last time, and that is why people understand
the iPhone's home concept the first time they get it in ther hands. Thats
the way human mind works.