Re: webapps and the sound menu

Like Jonathan said, I think Jeremy Bicha's suggestions were good: I like
the idea of having additional integration for my mails, music, etc. But I
don't want to clutter my launcher just because I have a tab open.

Visiting a page shouldn't open a launcher item, but opening it from the
launcher explicitly could launch an independent chrome-less browser window.
There might be other suggestions for integration with the launcher, but
currently, it's painful.

If I could add/remove a launcher for GMail (currently, removing the
launcher icon closes the tab, it's very frustrating), it would be great.
But now, it's all or nothing. I can't have GMail's dektop notifications
without having the launcher icon always visible. I can't get notifications
and soundmenu integration for Grooveshark without having an icon popping in
the launcher each time I open it.

I pin my GMail, G+, calendar, etc as app tabs in Firefox because it allows
me to keep them open and always visible without taking too much space in
the tabs strip. So even though I would love better desktop integration for
these, I don't use it, as it has the opposite effect: taking a lot of space
somewhere else.

> having items bob in and out of the Launcher just because you're currently
on a particular Web site is asinine.

About the main topic of the sound menu, I agree with everything mpt said:
if a youtube tab is open (either by mistake or because I'm watching one),
it should be controllable and visible in the soundmenu.

Yann