Re: Ubuntu startup sound for 14.04 LTS

Hello Sam,
first I think you are doing a great thing by helping our Ubuntu community.
This lifts the contributions received by Ubuntu to a whole new level. When
even professional musicians / composer  take their time to contribute to
this great project.

To your request:
I and many many more think a new start-up sound is required. There was an
official contest for it for the 12.04 LTS release but never made it into
official release.
( http://design.canonical.com/2012/02/ubuntu-sound-theme-design/)
It was quite anyway and the sounds weren't that pretty in my opinion.
But maybe Callum Pringle (callum.pringle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) or Nick Tait (
nick.tait@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) can give you more information about what happend
and where to submit you work.

Besides the start-up sound I believe that wie could also profit Form some
beautiful ringtones for the upcoming Ubuntu for phones release (late
October).  So if you like to contribute even more there's a good start.

Since musical contributions to Ubuntu are quite unusual and might take a
while there's always another route:

Make the music, upload them somewhere, notify us on this mailinglist and
let the community post your links on Google+ and Facebook. If interest is
big enough (and I belive so, espesially because you're famous) your
request/contribution will get heard quite fast.
But only if they fit the Ubuntu spirit ;-)

Sid