Dodge Windows alternative implementation

It was suggested to me this is the best place for proposals. What these
proposal is not about:

-Current Dodge Windows implementation
-Other DE and docks
-It is not about Autohide and Never hide
-It's not about arguing just for the sake of arguing

What it is about:

It's about alternative Dodge Windows implementation that would provide
"lean code" and "keep lean Unity Shell".

Things that are already implemented and could be used for this alternative
implementation.

-Never hide / Autohide and switching between them
-Mechanism to show the launcher with mouse

Now the mentioned proposal.

Everything would stay the same just one more option would be added in
system settings. This would be the available options:

-Never hide
-Never hide + Hide launcher only when at least one window is maximized
-Autohide

So you see this is simplified solution that takes away all the complexity
of current Dodge Windows implementation. This new mode would act exactly as
Never hide mode does now. No windows behind launcher no problematic
toolkits... it would only do one thing differently then Never hide mode
does. It would hide the launcher when at least one window on the screen is
maximized and show it otherwise and that is all it would do.

What do you think? Could both the developers and users be happy in the end
and we could have both: "lean code" & "keep lean Unity Shell"?

Follow ups