Re: [Ayatana-dev] Controlling the order of indicators

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 16:40 -0500, Ramón Rocha wrote:
> 2010/10/15 Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > We allow the application indicators to move themselves within the
> > application indicator area, but we don't allow them to move themselves
> > into the system indicator area.  So if you had this:
> >
> >  [yours gtg tomboy] sound messaging
> >
> > You could change it to:
> >
> >  [gtg tomboy yours] sound messaging
> >
> > But you won't be able to move your indicator outside of the brackets.
> >
> >                --Ted
>
> Okay, that makes sense from a consistency perspective for ayatana.
> I'm just looking for a quick way to hack the following...
>
> [other panel applets] [sound messaging] [mine] [clock] [session indicators]
>
> I was hoping there was an easy way to do it with app indicators but it
> sounds like I need to create a full blown panel applet.  If you are
> curious my indicator just displays the current time in UTC format,
> hence why I want it next to the clock.
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> -Ramón
>
> P.S.  Actually would it be possible to add an indicator into the
> session applet?  I realize it's not appropriate to add a UTC clock in
> there but I'm just looking for a quick and dirty implementation that
> will have nice and clean visual results.

If you install indicator-applet-complete and indicator-datetime you'll
get a clock along with everything grouped on your panel.  The type of
time it displays will be dependent on your locale, but you can adjust
it.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/09/enable-date-day-seconds-on-indicator-datetime/

		--Ted