Re: [Ayatana-dev] Controlling the order of indicators

2010/10/15 Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 16:40 -0500, Ramón Rocha wrote:
>> 2010/10/15 Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > We allow the application indicators to move themselves within the
>> > application indicator area, but we don't allow them to move themselves
>> > into the system indicator area.  So if you had this:
>> >
>> >  [yours gtg tomboy] sound messaging
>> >
>> > You could change it to:
>> >
>> >  [gtg tomboy yours] sound messaging
>> >
>> > But you won't be able to move your indicator outside of the brackets.
>> >
>> >                --Ted
>>
>> Okay, that makes sense from a consistency perspective for ayatana.
>> I'm just looking for a quick way to hack the following...
>>
>> [other panel applets] [sound messaging] [mine] [clock] [session indicators]
>>
>> I was hoping there was an easy way to do it with app indicators but it
>> sounds like I need to create a full blown panel applet.  If you are
>> curious my indicator just displays the current time in UTC format,
>> hence why I want it next to the clock.
>>
>> Thanks for the quick response.
>>
>> -Ramón
>>
>> P.S.  Actually would it be possible to add an indicator into the
>> session applet?  I realize it's not appropriate to add a UTC clock in
>> there but I'm just looking for a quick and dirty implementation that
>> will have nice and clean visual results.
>
> If you install indicator-applet-complete and indicator-datetime you'll
> get a clock along with everything grouped on your panel.  The type of
> time it displays will be dependent on your locale, but you can adjust
> it.
>

> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/09/enable-date-day-seconds-on-indicator-datetime/
>
>                --Ted

Yeah, I tried that but I want two clocks on the panel.  One in my
local time and the other in UTC and I want them next to each other.  I
also want the volume/messaging indicator to the left of the clocks and
the session indicators to the right.  This would look nicer.

Screenshot of what I have now:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7g8pojmHbyk/TLaA_1p_5kI/AAAAAAAABi0/CW3-uiXoc0Q/s800/utc_indicator_screenshot.png

So there is no way to add an indicator into the session applet?

-Ramón