wintermute-psych team mailing list archive

Re: (VERY) Rough mockup of Wintermute's Interface.

Jacky; I'm afraid I don't have an SVG of it as no matter what I try;
Inkscape keeps giving me white backgrounds with it :-/ All I have is a
fairly large .png . Unless you or someone else can deal with Inkscape (or
another such program) then we're stuck with the png :-/

In terms of the GUI; I feel the first screen is needed; a computer is a
computer. A computer can malfunction. A computer requires repairs; hiding
such information is, IMHO, a bad idea. That isn't the starting screen,
that's just the system saying "We have a problem; have a look!"
Or would you rather Wintermute says "I don't feel well." then won't turn on
again? :P

I have also been considering a few other aspects; animated backgrounds.
(Diagnostic mode hexagon: construction branding between hexagons, etc) which
could give credence to Wintermute's  state (helping to generate rapport
between the user and Winty, especially if we emulate emotion.)

As for the questionnaire; I don't think it requires much more then a
properly written AIML bot. (though with our own runtime for AIML, so it can
parse commands) so that would be very light on resources (and pack it in
with speech synth and basic speech recog for setup/testing purposes)

In terms of how to render this system; that is a bit of a mystery. I don't
exactly want to end up with a system which requires a high-end graphics card
just to run things; perhaps we could cheat with pre-rendered videos?

-Dante

--

-Danté Ashton

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici