Re: TriaxialTest is broken in current SVN

Vaçlav,

Could you explain what you are doing with SDECLinks please?
I feel like you are going to use permanent link for your new law... is
that true?

Bruno

Václav S a écrit :
> Don't go too far with code loading spheres, have a look at
> Shop::loadSpheresFromFile (just returns pairs of center-radius); and
> Shop::saveSpheresToFile. Vaclav

>>> Huh, that is my fault again. TriaxialCompressionEngine:86 should be
>>> if(0), not if(1); and the whole block can be effectively deleted. It was
>>> an experimental stuff to test what happens if I glue particles together
>>> after compaction.  I just commited the fix.
>>>

>> Ok. Does it fix the SDECLink problem?
>> TriaxialTest.cpp was also using elasticContactLaw and
>> elasticCohesiveContactLaw at the same time, I don't know if you or me
>> commited that but I reverted that and will commit soon : TriaxialTest is
>> not supposed to be cohesive + 2 simultaneous contact laws makes no sense.
>>

>>> Do you have some precise idea what the regression test will look like?
>>> Notably, what will be the reference value checked after the run.
>>>

>> I think the value of stress and strain after X iterations + the peak
>> stress value would make good tests. If they don't change you can be sure
>> that the physics and mathematics in Yade were not affected, because they
>> result from very complex processes, highly sensitive to initial
>> conditions (Lorentz sort of).
>>
>> The only thing is we need to swith from random positioning to a text
>> file, I still have to create this file and to get the code for loading
>> positions back.
>>
>> Bruno
>>

>>> V.

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43