Re: cmdGui

Janek Kozicki said:     (by the date of Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:48:28 +0100)

> Václav S(milauer said:     (by the date of Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:01:56 +0100)
>
> > I am unable to test on 32bit i386, all my machines are native amd64.
> > (There is some typeid() logic in IOFormatManager and maybe older compilers get it wrong?)
>
> I can create an account for you on my computer I use in Grenoble. It's 32bit.
>
> > Janek, you know the serializer well, can you comment on that? Are you
> > able to reproduce it? (I am not.)
>
> not yet, I need to reproduce first. I will try...

OK, I reproduced this, both optimized and non-optimized build have
this problem. For some reason the static methods from
BINFormatManager are called instead of XMLFormatManager. Totally
strange. I tried several various hacks to fix this and none worked.
So after few hours I would prefer to give up instead of spend more time
on this, because yade::serialization is flawed anyway and if all goes
well we all will be using boost::serialization in 3 or 4 weeks.

Assuming that this will not render useless the regression tests. We
will see.