Re: Relations between (m,tc,en,es) and (kn,cn,ks,cs)

Thanks a lot. Now, I understand a bit more...
The implanted law is for sphere-sphere contacts.
I suggest something (tell me your opinion please): what about
computing cn and cs for each contact as a function of the
corresponding effective mass?
In this way, the parameters would be kn,en,ks, and es.
What is en, es? Is this a restitution coefficients? Please, give me more
info.

Yes, en and es are normal and tangential coefficients of restitution (ratio of velocities after and before the 'impact': vf/vi). I wanted to say that the parameters in SimpleViscoelasticBodyParameters could be the stiffnesses and restitution coefficients. Then, the effective mass together with the viscous constants could be determined in SimpleViscoelasticRelationships (maybe with the equations you showed me).

Note that my aim is NOT to criticism your implantation of the law (I think it's correct). I just want to have an opinion.

Vincent