Re: Material and State classes

Václav Šmilauer said:     (by the date of Sat, 21 Nov 2009 00:19:31 +0100)

> That is right and I apologize for not being very precise on that. The
> distinction should run (what I think at least) between what is per-body
> and what is common.

- per-body: State
- common: Material

anyone has better idea? I don't.

> If material is to be shared amongst bodies (which is the plan), then
> perhaps _density_ could be part of it, but not mass, which depends on
> body's geometry and is part of "State" in that sense

that makes sense for me.

> (for lack of better words, I called it State).

:)

> If I understand correctly, all of use seem to agree that having
> positional things and rotational things in the same bag is the way to
> go, right?:
>
> * Positional: 3 vars (position, velocity, accel), 1 constant (mass)
> * Orientational: 3 vars (orientation, ang. vel, ang. accel), 1 constant
> (intertia vector).

sounds good.

I wonder what happens when someone will want to work with stuff that
changes weight over time :) 2nd law of motion is in fact F=dp/dt, where p=m*v

> BTW should we keep the somewhat obscure Se3r class or separate that in
> Vector3r + Quaternionr?

I prefer to separate it.

Every time someone comes, he is asking: what is se3 ?