Re: Triangulation, Tesselation, and the rest

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
Reminds me a story about David and Goliath. :)
When we hit 200 mails/day on yade-users like they have on cgal-discuss, we can start "pushing" them. :-P
I know. But they confessed in that mail to us that they discuss it from
time to time. I understood that they are quite open to that ("nous
pensons de temps en temps" etc).
Yes, it means they are considering a change. I guess our discussion gave a bit more weight to the "lets get rid of QPL" option, but I wouldn't push more than that at the moment.

If a company uses yade and modifies it for its internal purposes (no
selling, just research for their own), that should still be ok, right?

Yes. The only special case is if the company (or a university) wants to sell a software based on yade+cgal, or link with some non-open-source code. In that case they need to pay a commercial license.

Bruno

-
Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43