Re: : Avoid new contact detection between group of particle

>> It would work but it would be ugly to include WireMat.hpp in the
>> collider's code.
> I agree but I would need a quick solution.

The the sort of quick solution that you will never commit? Then try it.
My bet is that, unfortunately, it will not give a very big speedup.
The big task of the collider is to sort bounds, and it has to be done
for all your elements anyway, since they can interact with other bodies.
>> I'm thinking we could have a global "selfInteractionMask", so that if
>> mask1==mask2 && !(mask1 & selfInteractionMask), we skip.
> Please, can you give some more details? And how and where would this
> "selfInteractionMask" be implemented?
Collider.cpp:13, this is where masks are compared in bool maycollide().
You could test bodies masks with a self-interaction mask there, the new
mask could be a member of the collider.
Maybe try the first method before deciding if it's worth the additional
test.

Bruno