Re: [yade/trunk] f36898: - CHOLMOD handling in cmake

>> I am backporting eigen 3.1 for ubuntu into our external-package PPA [2].
>> Should be build in a couple of hours. Openblas is actively "packaged"
>> in Debian now [3], so there should be a normal package for the next
>> ubuntu release.
Thanks for the backport, it always help. :)
Installing eigen is actually a piece of cake: nothing to compile.
For openblas, I guess they will fix the conflict someday indeed. Let's see.
I forgot to mention that cholmod is part of suitesparse-metis, which is
another broken package (in 10.04 and 12.04 the symlink to the *.so are
broken).
So, for the moment, I'm installing suitesparse, openblas, and eigen3.1
without the ubuntu packages.
Metis3.0, shiped with suitesparse, is also recompiled because it's the
simplest way to instruct suitesparse to compile with metis support...

If you think it is possible to distribute some of these packages in our
PPAs, it's worth spending a bit of time, since I know a few people
completely lost trying to install these libraries.

Bruno