Re: YADE on GitHub. Moving main repository. Janek moves too ; )

Anton Gladky said:     (by the date of Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:50:20 +0200)

> Hi Janek, good to see you again here! Hope you will
> contribute to the project very useful stuff.

I hope so too! :)

> As we discussed during the conference, we will probably fix
> a new Yade version within the next few weeks before next
> Debian Jessie freeze. So we are trying now not to break
> too many things.

Ah! Good point, I should have asked about that. Indeed adding QM is
not wise before Jessie freeze.

> Please read this nice git-tutorial from Jerome [1] first.
> "Forking" a repo is a really nice technique to test new
> changes before they will be merged to the main branch.
>
> [1] https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/github.html?highlight=github

Good tutorial, I need to re-learn git now, because I forgot lot of
things. I'll keep you updated :)

I already forked the repo and did that small commit, you can see it if you want:

   modified:   gui/qt4/SerializableEditor.py
   modified:   py/wrapper/customConverters.cpp

And here comes my first question - since I have added new stuff, in
which files should I add appropriate tests so that they are checked
automatically during 'yade --test' or 'yade --check' ?

Because in fact this new feature is currently used nowhere in yade,
only in my not yet pushed QM files.

best regards
--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |