Re: About pastebin and data files in launchpad questions

I agree that we should encourage users to submit entirely self contained
scripts. In addition to the inconveniences pointed out by Bruno, these
pastebin links are susceptible to breaking AND they deny future users the
ability to search for script keywords with the launchpad search bar. No
doubt, these pastebin links degrade the quality and resiliency of the yade
launchpad answer forum.

 I’ve noticed another problem though: few users read the "how to ask", even
after we explicitly direct them to do so. The few users that do read it
seen to skim it and miss important details. Therefore, I suggest we either
put the MWE section up top and in its own text block, or make an entirely
different page dedicated to explaining MWEs.

Or, maybe there is a way to define an MWE at the top of the launchpad forum
home page ;-).

Robert