Re: About pastebin and data files in launchpad questions

On 06/29/2018 02:57 PM, Robert Caulk wrote:
 these pastebin links are susceptible to breaking [...] degrade the quality and resiliency of the yade launchpad answer forum.
Very good point.

I’ve noticed another problem though: few users read the "how to ask", even after we explicitly direct them to do so.
You can lead a horse to the water, you can't make him drink.
But we can improve water quality. :)

Therefore, I suggest we either put the MWE section up top and in its own text block, or make an entirely different page dedicated to explaining MWEs.
Everything in one page is my favorite but yes, MWE could be highlighted more since it is really a most important part of that page.
Or, maybe there is a way to define an MWE at the top of the launchpad forum home page ;-).
Good idea but after checking a bit I still did not see any way to change the default text. If there is it is very well hidden.

Bruno

Robert