Re: PotentialBlocks & Particles documentation on website?

On 2/11/19 6:19 PM, Janek Kozicki wrote:
Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Mon, 11 Feb 2019 17:59:57 +0100)

And this is standard in debian?
I'm not sure how to interpret your question :)

The question was: can I "sudo apt-get install python-escript"?

Missing recommended packages do not break yade package.

python-escript is not necessary for any other part of yade to work.
Only if you actually want to start a FEMxDEM .py script you get
errors without this package.

Also if python-escript is missing for some reason in the linux
distribution, then yade packaage would NOT be broken, because it does
not depend on it (it only recommends it).

Oh, yes, good point. Since its only used via python there is no runtime error at startup if not present.

And in fact that is the case with new stable debian release, I don't
know why but python-escript is not there.
Yeah, that was my point. :(

  Maybe it will be added
there later. So if we configure yade.deb to recommend python-escript,
then it would be a hint, that it's nice to install it, but it is not
entirely necessary.
Ok.

That's what I think we could do to enable FEMxDEM. Plus a bit of
stuff in documentation about how to run those example FEMxDEM
scripts. Which I still want to write ;)
Wait we diverged from PB to FEMxDEM.
IIRC PB needs not just python packages, it needs something at compile time and that's where we have an issue isn't it?

Sorry if I'm a bit lost...