Re: High precision Real and minieigen

Anton

did you remember about `./debian/python3-minieigen.install` file with content:

   src/*pp usr/include/minieigen/

? It is not a part of upstream repository. I guess It's part of
packaging process. At least that's how I understand it. Without
sources in /usr/include/minieigen/
yade high precision is not going to compile.

best regards
Janek

Janek Kozicki (yade) said:     (by the date of Thu, 20 Feb 2020 21:57:54 +0100)

> Thank you Anton, this is very considerate of you.
>
> best regards
> Janek
>
> Anton Gladky said:     (by the date of Thu, 20 Feb 2020 20:17:25 +0100)
>
> > Hi Janek,
> >
> > I have backported both of your patches [1], [2] into the
> > existing in Debian minieigen-package and uploaded into
> > the Debian.
> >
> > The newer minieigen can now be polished, new version released and
> > uploaded with no rush.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/eudoxos/minieigen/pull/24
> > [2] https://github.com/eudoxos/minieigen/pull/25
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Anton
> >
> > Am Mi., 19. Feb. 2020 um 22:37 Uhr schrieb Janek Kozicki (yade)
> > <jkozicki-yade@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > >
> > > I have asked Vaclav to transfer maintenance of miniEigen to us:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/eudoxos/minieigen/pull/26
> > >
> > > cheers
> > > Janek

Janek Kozicki (yade) said:     (by the date of Mon, 17 Feb 2020 13:18:42 +0100)

> Hi,
>
> Vaclav has accepted my pull request to minieigen. The macro name is
> now `_HIGH_PRECISION_SUPPORT`, instead of `MINIEIGEN_OVERRIDE`.
> I will update the code.
>
> Anton, what are the perspectives of updating debian/ubuntu package?
>
> Please remember about `python3-minieigen.install` file with content:
>
>    src/*pp usr/include/minieigen/
>
> it is not part of [2], but belongs to packaging process.
>
> Vaclav suggests that we make minieigen a part of yade build.
> Personally I like the fact that it is a separate pacakge. However
> maybe we need to think about forking it into gitlab [3] as a fourth
> repository (we have yadedaily, docker-yade, trunk). And change the
> upstream for minieigen package.
>
> I don't expect more changes in minieigen. It all works now. However
> some code from py/wrapper/customConverters.cpp could be safely moved
> there. So moving minieigen to yade-dev would allow some more cleanup.
>
> best regards
> Janek
>
> [1] https://github.com/eudoxos/minieigen/pull/24
> [2] https://github.com/eudoxos/minieigen
> [3] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev

Janek Kozicki, PhD. DSc. Arch. Assoc. Prof.
Gdańsk University of Technology
Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Department of Theoretical Physics and Quantum Information
--
http://yade-dem.org/
http://pg.edu.pl/jkozicki (click English flag on top right)