Re: help compiling

Hi,

when I remove both GLAPI and GLAPIENTRY from
OpenGLWrapper.hpp, and use the Nvidia gl.h, I also can
compile most, and get the same error messages as I had
mentioned in the previous mail, in particular the
glut.so errors.

Oh, and I have boost 1.33.0 and not 1.34, sorry.

Any ideas ?

Andreas

--- Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx> wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I am a current user of discrete element code and
> would
> > like to give yade a spin.
>

> hello! very nice to see a new user :) Welcome.
>

> > I run gentoo on amd64, installed boost 1.34 and
> > libqglviewer 2.1.1 and use gcc 3.4.4.
>
> re: boost 1.34 - you will have to make small change
> in ErrorTolerant to
> make it compile. It's for 1.33, I hope that 1.34
> isn't any worse, we
> will see...
>
> libqglviewer 2.1.1 and gcc 3.4.4 should work without
> any problems (they
> were tested afaik).
>

> > I got yade-all, unpacked and typed
> >
> > make compile_install PREFIX_DIR='/tmp/yade'
> > INSTALL_DIR='usr'
>
> one note about INSTALL_DIR and PREFIX_DIR -
> currently they are not fully
> supported according to the standard as I know it in
> debian (and gentoo
> should have sth. similar). And because of that we
> need to set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH before lanunching yade executable.
> This will be fixed in
> next release, and hopefully it's just a minor
> inconvenience. You can
> move yade freely acrosss your filesystem
> directories, just make sure
> that ~/.yade/preferences.xml contains correct paths
> inside.
>

> > The compile went through some directories until it
> > proceeded to yade-lib-opengl. Here it produced
> > this error:
> >
> > make[3]: Entering directory

`/home/andreas/tobesorted/yade-all-0.9.0.911/yade-libs/yade-lib-opengl/projects/kdevelop'
> > cd yade-lib-opengl && make -f Makefile
> > make[4]: Entering directory

`/home/andreas/tobesorted/yade-all-0.9.0.911/yade-libs/yade-lib-opengl/projects/kdevelop/yade-lib-opengl'