Re: help compiling

--- Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx> wrote:

> > when I remove both GLAPI and GLAPIENTRY from
> > OpenGLWrapper.hpp, and use the Nvidia gl.h, I also
> can
> > compile most, and get the same error messages as I
> had
> > mentioned in the previous mail, in particular the
> > glut.so errors.
> >
> > Oh, and I have boost 1.33.0 and not 1.34, sorry.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
>
> from your later emails I can see that yade is up and
> running. Am I right?

Yes, it is. It compiles now.

> Thanks for the hint - I conclude that removing GLAPI
> or GLAPIENTRY would
> ba a bad thing, since it fixes nothing, right?

Well, not exactly. Right now I prefer to edit the
GLWrapper file which makes it compile with my
installed gl.h. This way I do not have to mess with my
system settings. The gentoo installed gl.h is the one
from Nvidia but slightly patched to make it work with
other gl software.

> About nvidia's gl.h - I honestly don't know how to
> deal with that. Can I
> assume that it is gentoo specific and write this on
> the webpage as
> additional information for nvidia-gentoo users? So
> they will know how to
> compile and run yade.

Yes, it may be gentoo specific. Here is some text you
may want to expand on for the web page:

Gentoo users:

If you have nvidia-glx installed and use opengl-update
nvidia which switches to the
nvidia provided header files (gl.h and glext.h) you
may experience a problem compiling OpenGLWrapper.hpp.
In this case you can run opengl-update xorg-x11 to
switch to the xorg provided header files, or edit
OpenGLWrapper.hpp to remove all occurences of GLAPI
and GLAPIENTRY, for example by

sed -e 's/GLAPI //' -e 's/GLAPIENTRY//'
OpenGLWrapper.hpp.orig > OpenGLWrapper.hpp