Re: moving wall, editor.

> Please make sure it compiles with your version before
> you submit it for inclusion.

yes, I did :) my compiler was complaining about calling
sin(int), but I fixed it quickly. Today I've done a lot
of reformatting, so your stuff jumped the reformatting
bandwagon.

> yes. I see that you got rid of the kdevelop
> directories. Good, I was confused which src
> directories are the defnitive ones.

yes, projects/ directory was there only for msvc/ inside,
but I've discovered that qmake works under windwos just as
good. So it made possible to get rid of projects/ and stick
to one tree.

> I do not know anything about svn (and not much about
> cvs) except for the instructions on how to check out
> the whole tree.

you can try rapidsvn, it's good for browsing. Especially
useful for me is right_click->log (although it takes time
to complete)

> > I have some idea for editor, you can look here (and
> > add your comments if
> > you wish):
> >
> > http://developer.berlios.de/feature/?group_id=2432
>
> sounds good but after reading the proposal I am not
> 100% what it is about.

sorry, I was writing to myself, to not forget the idea.
So it can be unclear to other people.

> For example, one reusable module in a file generator
> could be randomly placing, non-overlapping spheres of
> a size range in a given volume.

yes, exactly.

> A scene xml editor could have the ability to define
> groups of elements based on any of their properties
> (say all below a certain y coordinate, or all with a
> certain friction, or velocity). Then one could
> redefine properties of a whole group. Or delete it.

that will be useful, I'll remember that

> I still think it would be great to control yade with a
> scripting language.

hm, maybe now I have an idea how to do that. That would be another
frontend for yade. Some kind of interpreter, just like bash, script-fu
or ocaml.

it would execute commands, for example one per line, along with their
arguments. You could call any class and its function by typing its
name and its arguments.

For that half of the work is done: every class in yade has a name as a
string, and every serializable attribute of a class has a name as a
string too. But functions do not have names, inside yade they are just a
memory address.

If we could identify each function of each class with its name, then we
would have everything to have a total scripting power.

this sounds temptimg. I will think about that.