Re: reloading scene after sphere interaction

Andreas Plesch said:     (by the date of Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:08:21 -0800 (PST))

> I got the latest svn version. It compiles (with
> openglwrapper changes) with all the changes. Then I

oh, right. I removed GLAPI and GLAPIENTRY from sources. I hope that it
will compile without problems on all platforms without that, we will see
in the future.

> went ahead to try out the new "save" button in the
> simulation controller. Here is the problem. When I
> load a saved xml scene, it loads fine but restarting
> the simulation makes spheres disappear into nirvana.
> Try this:
>
> 1) generate the default MovingWall xml scene.
> 2) run it in the simulation controller for about 200
> iterations.
> 3) save the xml
> 4) load the xml
> 5) restart the simulation

thanks for detailed explanation. I quickly reproduced the bug, and
committed a fix. Try now.

> So there needs to be some more state information,
> probably about the interaction, which would need to
> be saved as well, right ?

yes, your diagnosis was correct. I simply added several
REGISTER_ATTRIBUTE in ElasticContactParameters and
SpheresContactGeometry.