Re: DEM Simulation, SuSe 9.x installation

I have succeeded now with installing on Suse 9.1 and 9.3. I still have
problems on SuSe 10.1 and will ask some questions here when I have time
to craft them.

Last week I posted all the installed packages and my compile command,
posted to this group, gives the core set-up. The one change I *had* to
make for a successful compile was to install libQGLViewer from the
.tar.gz source using its 'INSTALL' file instructions. I removed the
libQGLViewer RPMs before doing that. All else was exactly from the YADE
'INSTALL' file. Hence, the install instructions for SuSe 9.x are already
in hand.

I would welcome a setup guide of a simulation example as well. I have
tried doing a triaxil DEM case but something was missing. I don't know
if all the selections in menus lead to useable setups. If some menu
choices can not lead to a useable simulation, it may pay to keep a
public list of what menu items are usable during this early development
time. In the end I guess it is all a question of human time to do
things.

Best, Allen
----
Address:

Allen Wilkinson                       (phone) (216) 382-7613
1036 Pembrook Road                    (work)  (216) 433-2075
Cleveland Heights, OH 44121  USA      (INTERNET) aw(at)chaff(dot)biz