Re: friction in elastic contact law and TriaxialTest

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:10:03 +0100)

> Hello
>
> 1___________________
>
> I have modified the way contact friction is computed in
> elasticContactLaw (which should in fact be named
> elastoPlasticContactLaw...).
>
> I take contact friction as min(fricBody1, fricBody2) rather than
> mean(fricBody1, fricBody2).
>
> The question is : do everybody agree with this modified friction?
> I can wait few days to see you replies and decide to commit or not.

Better ask Frederic about that. I got the formulas from him, and it
was implemented under guidance of Frederic. I think that no-one else
knows what is better. (mean value, or min value).

you can even reanme the class into ElastoPlasticContactLaw :) We want
the most descriptive names as possible. To do that start from this command:

./yade-scripts/renameClassFirst ElasticContactLaw ElastoPlasticContactLaw

then follow the instructions written by the scrtipts.

> I will also commit a lot of changes in the IsotropicTest and
> TriaxialTest parts in the comming hours.

great! Do that :)

--
# Janek Kozicki