Re: "Arbitrary parameter" in CohesiveFrictionalRelationships (or SimpleElasticRelationships)

>> To finish, but that's maybe less important, in this
>> CohesiveFrictionalContactLaw the moment seems to not be limited by a
>> plastic threshold. Is there an existing class where it is the case ?
>>

> yep. There is no plastic threshold, as I was too lazy to implement
> it. The moment low is currently fully elastic. You are welcome to add
> plastic threshold parameter and commit it :) But provide also a way
> for not using it (for example a bool flag). So that later if someone
> wants elastic-only behaviour - he can get it.

Perhaps an infinite (or very high value) of the threshold can do the
same as a flag for turning plasticity off?
Anyway, Jérôme, keep in mind that breaking a contact implies other
things, as you can see in cohesive frictional law (e.g. breaking a
contact in bending should disable tensile strength as well, also setting
isReal=false must be done in some circumstances). Perhaps we will have
to talk about this a bit because this contact law is not so easy to read...

Bruno

--

Chareyre Bruno

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43