Re: Velocities of non dynamic bodies, for contact laws ?

Jerome Duriez a écrit :
> Hello everbody. I have a question about the meaning of velocities of
> "non dynamic" bodies. Is it computed even if it is not set by an Engine,
> and if yes how ?
> The idea of this question is the case of non dynamic bodies which are
> controlled by deus ex machina Engines, but only through their positions,
> example : the walls of the triaxialTest who are controlled by the
> TriaxialCompressionEngine.

I did not define the velocity of boundaries in TriaxialEngine because I
knew I would not rotate boundaries and I have no friction or viscous
effect on boundaries. If you need tangential effects on boxes, all you
need is to define the velocity at the time you define the new position
(velocity = (newPosition-lastPosition)/timestep. As a consequence, there
is no need to make a difference between dynamic and not-dynamic bodies
in the contact laws.
I realize I should have answer before because Sega tried to fix that a
different way and I'm not sure it really fixed anything.

Bruno

--

Chareyre Bruno

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43