Re: Flags "isNew" and "isReal" of interactions / computing tan(phi)

> - is it really possible for an interaction to follow these states :
> (isNew = 1) => (isReal = 1 and isNew = 0) => (isReal = 0 and isNew = 0)
> => (isReal = 1 and isNew = 0) ? (and not isNew =1)
> I think strongly that it is the case but if you say me that it is not
> I'm ready to listen to your explanations

The state :

(isReal = 0 and isNew = 0)

is possible in a transient situation at the end of one timestep.
But, at the beginning of the next step, the collider will do this
(PersistentSAPCollider.cpp l.76) :

for(InteractionContainer::iterator I=transientInteractions->begin();
I!=I_end; ++I) {
        if ((*I)->isReal) (*I)->isNew=false; //
        else (*I)->isNew=true;

So, in principle (but I can always have missed something) the transition

(isReal = 0 and isNew = 0)
=> (isReal = 1 and isNew = 0)

will not happen.

Bruno

> - what would you advice to do to solve these problems : computing the
> values of properties of interactions always, even !isNew ??
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerome

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43