Re: Flags "isNew" and "isReal" of interactions / computing tan(phi)

Bruno Chareyre a écrit :
>> - is it really possible for an interaction to follow these states :
>> (isNew = 1) => (isReal = 1 and isNew = 0) => (isReal = 0 and isNew = 0)
>> => (isReal = 1 and isNew = 0) ? (and not isNew =1)
>> I think strongly that it is the case but if you say me that it is not
>> I'm ready to listen to your explanations
>>

> The state :
>
> (isReal = 0 and isNew = 0)
>
> is possible in a transient situation at the end of one timestep.
> But, at the beginning of the next step, the collider will do this
> (PersistentSAPCollider.cpp l.76) :
>
> for(InteractionContainer::iterator I=transientInteractions->begin();
> I!=I_end; ++I) {
>         if ((*I)->isReal) (*I)->isNew=false; //
>         else (*I)->isNew=true;

Ok, in this case. Unfortunately for me I used in fact the
DistantPersistentSAPCollider wich is a bit different and with which the
transition I speak about seems indeed to be possible... I never
interested me enough about these Engines so I surely copied somewhere
the lines to insert it in my simulations without understanding them.
Unless being very very very lucky that's really not the way to deal with
YADE...