Re: system requirements

> So NVidia bad?
> Intel and ATI good?
Not necessarily.
> Then I must have gotten confused with this:
> "*/Yade is using OpenGL to display 3D graphics. This currently works
> correctly only with NVidia graphic cards (those cards have usually
> GeForce in their name), and it is usually buggy with ATI graphic cards
> (those have usually Radeon in their name). So if you have an ATI
> Radeon graphic card, then skip this section (you should have bought
> nvidia ;)/*."
That is quite obsolete (is it on the wiki? shame, should be removed), I
think (I have Intel and it works fine, I used to have ATI and it worked
as well). But it depends on what kind of crashes you get. If it is just
yade that crashes, that is a bug that should be reported to us (but I
never encountered a crash in the GL drawers). If it is your X session
(graphical interface) that crashes, you have a problem with your driver
/ mesa (library for 3d graphics) and so on - elsewhere than in yade. Get
someone who understands Linux to fiddle with that.

Vaclav