Re: libboost-dev issue

I've been trying to use the 3 subversions

   1. svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/yade/trunk/
   2. svn checkout http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/yade/trunk
   3. svn checkout https:/svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/yade/trunk

but non of them work for me, they either fail to connect or time
out.....might be do the government firewall.

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Václav S(milauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >    1. I followed the installation instructions for debian/ubuntu, to
> >       make sure all the required packages were up to date by using
> >       aptitude.
> >    2. Then I switched over to "Installation details" and followed
> >       those instructions, by adding "deb-src ....." to my "sources.list"
> >    3. I then used "apt-get source yade-svn1365"
> >    4. Then I ran "apt-get build-dep yade-svn1365" in which got this
> >       message in return.
> >
> Sorry for misunderstanding, I thought you were installing from
> subversion, that is what confused me. I would recommend getting sources
> from subversion and compiling that, though.
> >
> >     * Build-Depends dependency for yade-svn1365 cannot be satisfied
> >       because no available versions of package libboost-dev can
> >       satisfy version requirements
> >
> > so build-dep is not happy with libboost-dev, where can I download it
> > to satisfy it?
> Build-deps care only for packages you have installed, not files that you
> install outside the packaging system. If you really want to use the
> packaged version, you could
>
> 1. use boost 1.34 packages from lenny, but that is complicated (add
> lenny to /etc/apt/sources.list, use /etc/apt/preferences to prefer
> packages versions from etch, and install boost from lenny). Or you could
>
> 2. dist-upgrade your box to lenny, if it is under your control (lenny
> will be stable soon, anyway), and have boost 1.34 for free.
>
> Regards, Vaclav

Daryl Begaye
Diné College
http://www.dinecollege.edu
Major(s): Computer Science and Fine Arts