Re: Successive slightly different simulations

Hi,

  Why "especially Luc Sibille" ? I'm not sure to be able to help you. In
addition I am not sure to understand your problem very well.

  When I simulated stress probes with SDEC, maybe I performed something
similar to your problem. But it was with SDEC!

The general idea was the following one:
- first I created a .txt file: in each row there was a parameter saved
(for instance, the direction in the stress space of the stress loading)
- Then I included the whole code SDEC in a big loop, like that SDEC
started and stopped automatically, as many times as wanted.
- Finally each time there was an increment in the big loop defined
above, the parameter in the row "i" (corresponding to the increment "i"
of the big loop) of the .txt file was read. The input parameters of SDEC
were computed with respect to the parameter read.

To do that I used a kind of general engine roughly defined as below:

X axis control:  stress/strain
X stress increment imposed (if stress chosen): 12596
X strain increment imposed (if strain chosen): 0.25

Y axis control:  stress/strain
Y stress increment imposed (if stress chosen): 14157
Y strain increment imposed (if strain chosen): 0.14

Z axis control:  stress/strain
Z stress increment imposed (if stress chosen): 175545
Z strain increment imposed (if strain chosen): 0.75

By this way, for a total stress control for instance, and a parameter
giving the stress loading direction, the X, Y, and Z stress increments
were adjusted for each increment of the big loop.

  All that was with SDEC, I don't know at all what would be the solution
with Yade, but I am sure that it can be much more efficient.

   I hope it helps.

    best

    Luc

Jerome Duriez a écrit :
> Hello everybody (and especially Luc Sibille ?). The title of my mail is
> surely not very precise so I will try to be clear :
> I want to make succesively different calculations over a sample. That is
> to say : considering a sample in a given state (a .xml save...) I want
> to disturb it in a given way (for example compress it), save
> informations related to this compression, and then go back to the
> original state (re-load the .xml) and disturb it in an other way (for
> example : shear it) and again save some things related to this shear...
> Because I want to execute more calculations than one load and one shear,
> I'm seeking a way to do this automatically. I think that this is
> impossible with classic engines for example (anyway I don't see how to
> do this by this way). I imagine for example that in the .xml save could
> appear an Engine, with a given parameter, which will care to disturb the
> sample in a direction depending on this parameter but the keypoint would
> be for me to load this simulation many times with always a different
> value for the parameter of the Engine.
> Does someone have an idea ? Could python scripts (which I don't know at
> all but it will maybe be the time) help for that ?
> Thanks
>
> Jerome

Luc Sibille, Université de Nantes - Laboratoire GeM, maître de conférences

Adresse/address:
IUT de Saint Nazaire - Département de Génie-Civil
58, rue Michel-Ange - BP 420
44606 Saint-Nazaire Cedex   France

Tel: +33 2 40 17 81 78     Fax: +33 2 40 17 81 60