Re: [deprecated list] R: Applying constant force on a wall

Janek Kozicki a écrit :
Václav S(milauer said:     (by the date of Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:36:26 +0100)

PS. Instead of PhysicalActionDamper, PhysicalActionApplier and
PhysicalParametersMetaEngine, use NewtonsDampedLaw. It is functionally
the same, but faster, since it does less loops.

out of curiosity - did you make any benchmark to confirm this?
See how much faster?

Yes, I did a benchmark. It is "significantly" faster.
But I don't remember the numbers now... :-P

Bruno

--

Chareyre Bruno

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43